Monday, February 21, 2011

In My Shopping Bag 2011/02/21

I haven't had time to read, but wanted to share with you some books I bought today:


McSweeney's, Issue 36
McSweeney's, Issue 36 -- I can't wait to see what's inside this man's head!
I love the ingenuity of their packaging and binding, in addition to the writing of course!
 

Cinderella Ate My Daughter: Dispatches from the Front Lines of the New Girlie-Girl Culture
On my list of books to read, to better understand why every little girl I know
loves pink and wants to be a fairy princess.



A Sick Day for Amos McGee
Winner of the 2011 Caldecott Medal for illustration.
I bought 6 copies, one for my daughters and others as gifts.





Coming Through Slaughter
My bridesmaid visited Hong Kong recently and mentioned that this is her favorite book. I'm intrigued because I had never heard of this title. I'm interested because my dear friend and I have very different characters, so I hope to better understand her through this book.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment