Thursday, August 4, 2011

In My Shopping Bag 2011/08/02

I purchased a lot of books today, totaling more than a nice pair of shoes. Here are some of them:

Broetry
One copy for our bookshelf, to complement The Bro Code, and one copy as a gift for my husband's Bro who gave him The Bro Code (see earlier post)

The Daring Book for Girls
This book was mentioned in Cinderella Ate My Daughter (see earlier post), and will complement my copy of The Dangerous Book for Boys, the original concept which inspired this book

The Secret Art of Dr. Seuss
I haven't purchased any coffee table books for a while, and this one looks like a good addition to the coffee table, especially since I have a number of Dr. Seuss story-books in English and French (I can't imagine any Chinese translation can capture the magic of Dr. Seuss' poetry, but then, I have an almost complete set of Shel Silverstein in Chinese!)


Nutshell Library (Caldecott Collection)
Pierre: A Cautionary Tale in Five Chapters and a Prologue   
 Higglety Pigglety Pop!: Or There Must Be More to Life  Mommy?


These are just some of the Maurice Sendak books I'm trying to add to my new collection.

No comments:

Post a Comment